Sunday, November 24, 2013

THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE AND ITS PROWESS





Hi Dear Readers,


Welcome, Welcome Welcome!

It is my time to tell things about how I feel about THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE

Over the weekend, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire made its way to the big cinemas and moviegoers stood in lines so they could be among the first to see one of the most anticipated films of this year. Thanks to the fans as the movie is set to deliver a smashing box office record. The movie analysts are expecting moviegoers to empty their houses and see the movie by them. 

Speaking of fans, it has been talked on fan sites about what will the Hunger Games fandom be called? The Harry Potter fans dubbed themselves as HP Nerds, Potterphiles, Potterfans and more while the Twilight fans are called Twihards and Twifans. The web is throwing a lot of questions as to what name should the Hunger Games fandom be called? And here is what I have got when I started searching around the web. People would like Hunger Games fans be called "Tributes", "Mockingjays", "Hungry Gamers" or "Jabberjays". If I were to choose, I would say, "TRIBUTES" because the Hunger Games started by selecting 1 male and 1 female Tributes in each district. The word, "Tributes" best describes the fandom because the movie is all about surviving in the game. I hope to see the name Tributes in the coming year before the trilogy ends. :)

On November 23rd, I was able to witness a magnificent movie and it was like the Harry Potter years that made him a household name. Like Harry Potter, Katniss Everdeen has been considered as a household name because she catapulted the mind of moviegoers like me. I am compelled to express my thoughts like I was there in the movie with the characters. I admire the compassion of the characters like Finnick, Katniss and Peeta. I have always been amazed by people with compassion about some things. Their loved ones for example. They make me feel useful like I am not alone in this world. Being passionate to the things you do is really something but being compassionate is really something extraordinary. It paints my own mark in this world that whatever I do, wherever I go, I would leave my own mark to show the world how different I am from anybody else. 

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is a certified mind-boggling movie as far as relating the movie to the book that I have read. It is something that Francis Lawrence, the director himself made the movie similar to the book and he made an excellent job in doing that. I was amazed by the fact that this movie was quite different this time. I was very thrilled that if I had thought of myself being there would be unbearable and helpless yet stoic. I could not think of myself enduring the pain and hardship of being in a place like that. I felt it was hell but it feels like more than that. And the people behind the movie nailed it. I, myself compelled to believe that there is no place to go to live in there. Indeed, a terrifying truth to just face death if I was there. If you would think of what's going on with the movie, it just did not speak about facing death. It also depicts what's going on with a nation and its governance. A good leader must do what is right for his subordinates and it would yield to two things - there is no rebellion to contain and people will live in a peaceful nation. 

The movie gives justice on all of the scenes. They have shown the most important scenes in the book. And that they nailed the most part of it. I felt like in every scene it was like the climax because every scene sends shivers down my spine. It was a very fast-paced film. If you do not concentrate on what's going around, you would not be able to catch up and you would find yourself lost. What's good about me watching this movie is that I was able to compare the scenes on the movie and the book all at the same time. That's how I normally do it and Catching Fire nailed the most important details that need to be arrayed. It was very beautiful in a dramatic and eye-catching way - that is how I describe the movie. 

What comes next? The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I. Definitely, I will start reading the book in the coming days.

I will leave you with this dialogue - "May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor"



Thanks for reading this blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment